Monday 25 February 2013

Goldie Harvey buried in private ceremony


The remains of late Susan ‘Goldie’ Harvey was today laid to rest at the Vaults & Gardens private burial ground located at the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) Close, Off Federal Secretariat Road, Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

The burial commenced at 10am with only close family members and business associates in attendance.

Goldie’s funeral procession … in front is her widower Andrew Harvey


Goldie’s remains led the procession in a R350 Mercedes Benz by MIC caskets and Rangers followed by her family and friends including husband Andrew Harvey and best friend Denrele Edun.

Those in attendance at the burial included celebrities like Jaywon, Eedris Abdulkareem, DJ Jimmy JATT, KSB, Essence, Weird MC, ID Ogungbe, Keke Ogungbe, Seun Oloketuyi, Gbenga Adeyinka 1st, Dele Momodu, eLDee the don, Sexy Steel, Freeze, Olisa Adibua, Tiwa Savage and others.
Kenny Ogungbe CEO of Kennis music in his tribute said ‘

Lovely and talented Oluwabimpe Goldie Susan, if I’m to start saying all I can’t finish’, though it’s painful, so lovely to have left on Valentine’s Day, May almighty God grant your soul eternal rest for ever and ever in Jesus Name Amen.”

Goldie’s funeral procession … Denrele; Goldie’s best friend

Denrele, who reportedly held Goldie as she breathed her last said in his tribute 

“I would move mountains, I would break ceilings to sell your legacy, you are the best friend I forever had. I can hear you say to me, do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep. Do not stand on my grave and cry. I am not there, I did not die.”

Goldie was pronounced dead on Valentine’s Day, Thursday, February 14, 2013 after she was rushed to Reddington Hospital, V.I,  Lagos, hours after she returned from Los Angeles where she attended the Grammys.

An autopsy report released last week confirmed she died of hypertensive heart disease

Culled from Vanguard




1 comment:

  1. I love this web web site plus your website will undoubtedly be among my new favorite ones.I favor this amazing site given possesses given me some kind of dedication to have success for a lot of purpose, so thanks

    ReplyDelete